RITE OF CHRISTIAN INITIATION OF ADULTS (RCIA)
- Have you been sitting in the pew next to your Catholic spouse for years wondering what you must do to become Catholic?
- Are you or anyone you know interested in exploring the Catholic Church as your church home?
- Are you unbaptized but recognize a need for spirituality in your life?
- We’ll come together on a weekly basis to learn about the richness of the Catholic faith, explore God’s saving message to us in the scriptures, discover the many ways God is present in our lives, and learn to become the disciples that Jesus calls us to be. Our time together will include prayer, bible study, and getting to know one another and the Church.
- Consider coming to the RCIA sessions if you are:
- An unbaptized adult
- A baptized Christian or Catholic Christian who has not celebrated the sacraments of Confirmation and Eucharist.
We at Our Lady of Lourdes Parish are excited to welcome you and explore the ways in which God is calling you into deeper communion with him and the Church.
The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) is an opportunity for adults to explore their relationship with Jesus and learn about the Catholic faith. RCIA is a journey geared toward those who:
- are not baptized,
- or are baptized in another religion,
- or are baptized Catholics but have not been fully initiated (received First Eucharist and Confirmation)
If you know someone who is interested, why not come with them to the inquiry sessions and share your faith and the journey with them?
A SAFE PLACE TO ASK QUESTIONS
RCIA is a flexible process and depends on the individual’s faith journey. Meetings will focus on deepening a relationship with Jesus as well as understanding Catholic discipleship through an investigation of the sacraments, theology, the liturgical life of the Church, and parish life.
The process begins with an inquiry form, found here.
If you have any questions, please contact the Our Lady of Lourdes Parish office at 217-877-4404 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or St. Thomas at 217-877-4146. We will then meet with all inquirers on an individual basis to familiarize you with the process here at Our Lady of Lourdes and to get to know a little more about you!
If you are a practicing Catholic and you would like to join the RCIA team, please call Deacon Kevin at 620-2032 or email at email@example.com.